As my name implies...

Discussion in 'New User Introductions' started by pure instincts, Feb 9, 2010.

1. pure instincts

pure instincts

Hello. My name is James. Of course I'm new to this forum. Not new to cooking though. I'm only twenty but can't remember not cooking. I can probably count on 1 hand the amount of times that I've followed a recipe to the T. Mostly I just see what ingredients I have at hand, and then brainstorm for a few minutes until something pops into my head. I'm half Chinese and half American, which gives me a great perspective when it comes to cooking. I don't believe in genres of cooking. If I can fit sesame seed oil into my "Italian" cuisine, I will. Panko has replaced almost all uses of standard breadcrumbs. My curry dishes are only vegetarian about half of the time. You get the gist of it. I cook from the heart with little regard to what most would call "proper." It's a pleasure to meet all of you. And I hope to learn and teach a lot here.
  2. ishbel

Goodness - you have an eclectic way at looking at world cuisines!

I am British (well, Scots, but who's scoring?) I've lived all around the globe and have taken cookery courses in Italy, Spain, Portugal and France - as well as many in the UK. I consider my palate is probably as diverse as they come!

Welcome to cheftalk. I hope you will take the time to read some of the articles and view the photographs - much inspiration to be gained by both.

Feel free to join in on threads you find interesting, or even start your own. All we ask is that you use the Professional fora on here as 'read only' for those of us who are non-professionals - but much interesting info to be gleaned from the reading!