article link: should humans eat meat

Discussion in 'Food & Cooking' started by phatch, Jul 20, 2013.

1. phatch

phatch Moderator Staff Member

Exp:
    I Just Like Food
  2. siduri

siduri

Exp:
    At home cook
    That's a really interesting article, Phatch, and good news for those of us who love meat.  It seems really balanced, and based on careful scientific research. 

There will always be some who don't like meat and those who can't bear to eat animals, and that's fine.  I love meat but can understand the feeling. 

Much of the meat produce here in Italy is actually grazed - though my friend who has a place in umbria has to pass by some gigantic turkey farms with gigantic windowless lagers with a stench that blows miles away if the wind is right.  

Wouldn't it be nice if these principles of farming etc described in the article could actually be put into practice.  I doubt it, any more than oil companies will stop fracking or other destructive practices that put tons of money in the pockets of a few would voluntarily change their practices.  Frankly, i believe the interests of these people would stop at nothing to keep doing things their way. 

3. chefedb

chefedb

Exp:
    Retired Chef
    Strictly a matter of personal taste and preferences and upbringing

Last edited: Jul 20, 2013
  4. kaneohegirlinaz

kaneohegirlinaz

Exp:
    I Just Like Food
    I found it fascinating in the fact that language stems from cooperative hunting, but I only got to page eight of the article last night, it was late and I had visions of one of my professors in a huge lecture hall as I was starting to node off, due to the late hour of course, not the article.  /img/vbsmilies/smilies/redface.gif