Art Institute Pastry and Baking Program

Discussion in 'Choosing A Culinary School' started by hj77, May 1, 2014.

1. hj77

hj77

Exp:
    Culinary Student
    I am trying to decide if I want to enroll in the Art Institute for the Baking and Pastry program. There are only two places in my local area that offer this program, AI and the community college. I am not excited about the program at our community college. Can anyone tell me anything about your experiences with AI? It's about 20 thousand or a little less because I have taken some of the pre-reqs elsewhere. Not sure if it is worth the money...

Thanks for any help!

2. brandon odell

brandon odell

Exp:
    Owner/Operator
    I already responded to your private message, but I had to add a couple things.

Read this article about the new facility at JCCC first:http://www.kansascity.com/2013/08/18/4419585/johnson-county-community-colleges.html

They now have one of the best facilities in the country. Aside from having a better facility than AI, they have a MUCH better apprenticeship program. Three year apprenticeship, and they have relationships with James Beard winners across the city so you'll get to learn from the region's top chefs. They are also more highly accredited by the ACF, one of only 28 programs in the country with an "exemplary" rating. Not to mention, JCCC costs about 15-20% as much as AI. Better education for a lot less money.

Last edited: May 2, 2014
  3. twinkle khanna

twinkle khanna

Exp:
    Culinary Student
    The Hurst Campus is the best arts institute pastry and baking program. Get easily information of the Pastry and Baking program. visit us

Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2014