Are these Sanelli knives any good. Alternatives?

Discussion in 'Cooking Knife Reviews' started by geirrosset, Aug 21, 2014.

1. geirrosset

geirrosset

Exp:
    I Just Like Food
    So I got my last question answered so I thought I'd post my follow-up question as a new thread. Are these knives any good? (Yes those are dishwasher stains, but I can live with that.) On the blade it says X60 CR MO V14. They were given to me by a friend who's father deals in kitchen supplies and these had gone out of their selection. I also have a Wüsthof Ikon knife sharpener.

My only problem with these is the fact that they have green and red handles, thus my better half will not let me keep them on a magnetic strip or in a knife block on the counter.

What would a knife set of similar quality set me back? I would like white handles (increasing my chances of being allowed to keep them within easy reach on the counter).

Best regards

Geir Rosset

Oslo

Norway

2. phatch

phatch Moderator Staff Member

Exp:
    I Just Like Food
    They're nothing special, but better than some steel wise. The profile design has way too much belly for kitchen work imho, almost more of a trailing point design. Generally, a set is not a very good deal to a serious cook as there's lots of filler and compromises in the set. The chef's knife in this kit is disturbingly short as is the bread/slicer imho.