Apprenticeships

Joined Oct 22, 2005
Anyone know good schools in the Vancouver BC area that offer good apprenticeship programs, and how they work?

Any info would be great. :)

Joined Oct 10, 2005
Check out VCC, as far as I know, no private school offers apprenticeships. Apprenticeships are not for the faint-hearted, and most are for three years. If you move around from employer to employer during those three years, it isn't a good thing.

Don't jump in head first, this isn't Europe. Check out the program, check out the employer, work at the employers as a p/t or d/w to get a feel for the place.

Joined Oct 22, 2005
Thanks for the info. :)

The restaraunt that I currently work in does do apprenticeships from VCC, so I wouldn't need to change employment if I did do that. One of my co-workers is currently doing the program, and he says it's pretty good with a lot of hands on work.

Joined Jan 4, 2006
Hi,

Vancouver has some great school, but if you want a great set up, get hire at the Banff Spring Hotel, and start school at Sait after that...

Make sure that it i sin yuor contract at the hotel that you are entering school for apprentiship...

It's a great set up, and 99% of the students I have seen come out of that school were very good...
Good luck

Joined Feb 3, 2006
I'm headed to VCC this March for my first year’s apprenticeship training. Afterwards I'm going to be looking for a new employer in B.C, am even considering the camps. If any one has ever worked as a camp cook in BC/Alberta tell me what its like?

Top Bottom