appetizers BBQ style? Need Ideas!

Joined Sep 17, 2015
I am working on a quote for a baby shower. They are requesting BBQ, (our specialty) but we have not done strictly appetizers before and how would we incorporate that into appetizers? Cubed, grilled pork loin/grilled pineapple kabobs? cocktail dogs in homemade BBQ sauce IE pigs in blanket? That's all I can think of! TIA!

Joined Sep 5, 2012
Reaching back a few decades brings to mind bbq bacon wraped shrimp and waterchestnuts. Pulled pork sliders. Bbq pineapple chicken skewers.

Joined Sep 17, 2015
I like the idea of chicken instead of pork for the skewers. Also, (duh) why didn't I think of pulled pork sliders?! I too, remember the bbq bacon,shrimp and water chestnut thingys. Thank you for your reply and ideas!! I make a great pimento cheese, thinking cucumber rounds filled with that as well. Not BBQ though....

Joined May 27, 2013
I don't usually post here, but I thought Pete's BBQ pizza that appeared in the "eat more pizza" thread might be applicable - use a sheet pan/ cut into app squares. Pizza might go over well at a baby shower. 

Joined Apr 25, 2014
Atomic Buffalo Turds - Jalapenos stuffed w cream cheese. Wrap with bacon hit it with dry rub, int not the smoker. Sauce/glaze at the end.

Moink balls- plain old pre cooked frozen italian meatballs from costco. Thaw enough to get a toothpick through. Wrap in bacon, dry rub, smoke till bacon is done, sauce or glaze

Cut onions into rings, spiral bacon around it. Smoke, make a glaze with sriracha and btw sauce you need to doctor it a bit with more sugar

Joined Feb 25, 2005
Buffalo chicken dip, slider station with mini hot dogs, burgers, veggie burgers and bbq chicken on mini brioche buns, bruschetta, kiebasa skewers, mac & cheese in frico cups, caprese skewers, hoagie dip, deviled eggs, hummus with grilled pita wedges, veg & cheese crudite, grilled shrimp with tequila mayo. We also specialize in bbq/picnic events and all of these go over well. Gina

Joined Jul 28, 2001
Atomic Buffalo Turds - Jalapenos stuffed w cream cheese. Wrap with bacon hit it with dry rub, int not the smoker. Sauce/glaze at the end.

Moink balls- plain old pre cooked frozen italian meatballs from costco. Thaw enough to get a toothpick through. Wrap in bacon, dry rub, smoke till bacon is done, sauce or glaze

Cut onions into rings, spiral bacon around it. Smoke, make a glaze with sriracha and btw sauce you need to doctor it a bit with more sugar
I think something with bacon would be good./img/vbsmilies/smilies/biggrin.gif

Actually i was thinking a tequila marinated dove or cut quail breast with jalapeno and bacon wrapped.Rubbed and bbqued

Millions, you will appreciate this, I can hardly type this am. moved up to a 3 lb hammer yesterday in blacksmithing.

cerise

Banned
Joined Jul 5, 2013
Just some ideas...

Pulled pork tacos or won tons

Buffalo chicken & blue cheese waffle sliders

Reuben or pulled pork egg rolls/spring rolls

Buffalo wings, ranch or bleu cheese dip, celery sticks and cherry tomatoes

Joined Jul 3, 2014
Poppers, abts ( as mentioned before) also pig candy. It is a small slice of smoked sausage warped with half a slice of slab bacon making a cup. Then top with brown sugar and smoked until bacon is cooked. The fat from the sausage and bacon mix with the sugar to make a sauce. It has been a big hit for stuff I have done.

Joined Jun 27, 2012

I am working on a quote for a baby shower. They are requesting BBQ, (our specialty) but we have not done strictly appetizers before and how would we incorporate that into appetizers? Cubed, grilled pork loin/grilled pineapple kabobs? cocktail dogs in homemade BBQ sauce IE pigs in blanket? That's all I can think of! TIA!
So how did it go?

mimi

Latest posts

Top Bottom