Apologies from dianar

Discussion in 'New User Introductions' started by dianar, May 26, 2005.

1. dianar

dianar

Hi,

I really want to apologize fro not introducing myself before I requested help. I think I was so desperate for help that I lost my manners.So allow me to start over.

My name is Diana and my business is The Simple Pantry. I started the business as a personal chef in 2001. Not long after starting up and having a few clients I got this call from a hedge fund company to cook lunch for the office * persons plus and then dinner for the president and his family of four.I took the position and I'm still there.
    It is a full time position as a private chef and I like the job very much.

Dianar

2. kerryclan

kerryclan

Don't worry, I did the same thing when I came here. I'm sure you'll find this forum and site very informative and fun. You have access to some great professionals and some real foodies who will go out of their way to make this a worthwhile experience. Enjoy!

3. mlrsb

mlrsb

Hello, I hope I'm doing this correctly; I want to introduce myself also. I teach school and I am about commence the buildong of our first home. I have lots of questions and I hope there will be lots of answers! I hope also that I may offer some advice as I progress through this process.

4. mlrsb

mlrsb

PS What is a "Thread"?

5. mezzaluna

mezzaluna

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    Hello mlrsb and welcome to Chef Talk. I'm a teacher too (until I retire when school ends this June!).

What is a thread? When you clicked on "Apologies from dianar", you clicked on the link to this thread. A thread is a conversation on a particular topic. The threads are organized into Forums. For instance this is the Welcome Forum. We ask that people start a thread here in this forum to introduce themselves. You piggybacked onto dianar's introduction (don't worry about that).

Choose the forum that fits the message you want to write about. For instance, if you're thinking about what kind of equipment to put into the kitchen of your new home, check out the Cooking Equipment forum. We also have a search button to help locate older threads (conversations) on any topics you're interested in. You should try this, as people have asked the questions you may have about equipping a new kitchen.

Why not give it a try and start a new thread here in the Welcome Forum to introduce yourself? I'd love to hear about your teaching career and also what kind of dishes you like to cook. Just go back to the main page for Chef Talk Cafe, click on Welcome Forum, and click on the button that says, "New Thread".

If you have questions about the board you can send me a private message or just post here in this forum where I'm the moderator.

Enjoy!
    Mezzaluna