Anyone thinking about Fall menu's ?

Discussion in 'Professional Chefs' started by cape chef, Aug 9, 2002.

1. cape chef

cape chef

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Or is it to early?

I always get a few weeks ahead of myself when I think about the change of seasons.Here we are enjoying all the bounty of our summer toils and i'm thinking about pumpkins and venison:lips:

2. eds77k5

eds77k5

Exp:
    Retired Chef
    i have to start putting together holiday menus, they will be booking christmas parties pretty soon now:confused:

3. chrose

chrose

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Even though I have no menu development to worry about I still enjoy the upcoming seasons. While winter holds promise for cold weather, hearty dishes, to me fall is one of the more exciting and colorful seasons in many respects. So I am really looking forward to the coming season! It would be nice too if Nicko would change the forum on the front page from squash already! Or is it just early for the season;)

4. chefclaycollins

chefclaycollins

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    I love Fall from a culinary stand point. You can get away with doing so many things! You get to use all the late summer stuff, but then you can get away with doing cooler weather type dishes. I love cooking game so this is my time to shine!

5. shroomgirl

shroomgirl

Exp:
    Professional Caterer
    CC...tooo early!!! Tomatoes, squash, watermelon, eggplant, onions, green beans, fingerlings, butternut squash, kale, chard, did I say TOMATOES already, alot of melons, blackberries, peaches...I just finished peeling white peaches!!! 100+ degrees is not conducive to Fall thinking.

6. chefclaycollins

chefclaycollins

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Don't even get me started berries! I did a Pork tenderloin at the restaurant for a special this weekend, with a blackberry zinfadel port reduction sauce served over grilled polenta. It is :smokin Black berries grow EVERY WHERE around here and, I have to say, tomatoes are great, but they don't grow on the side of the road! I LOVE this time of year!

7. chefdc

chefdc

Hey y'all.....

I work at a hotel on the beach (literally) in Delaware. We are packed solid for breakfast, lunch and dinner..................yet, I need my Fall/ Winter (and of course Holiday) menus by next week.....really hard to find the time, and hard to get my mind into fall, especially when it is nearly 100 degrees today. Luckily, I have a lot of old menus (from my days in Vermont and New England) that I can take from.

Food Arts does a great job with up-coming menu ideas from big time chefs, but I could still use more ideas.....anyone wanna help me? We can all help each other with our menu's...since we seem to be scattered all over the world, I don't think we'd step on each other's toes......

If anyone would like to share ideas, let me know....

You can see my current menu at http://www.boardwalkplaza.com

peace all...........................chefdc:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: