Anyone participate in the ACF competitions?

Discussion in 'General Culinary School Discussions' started by pbrejcha, Mar 2, 2010.

1. pbrejcha

pbrejcha

Exp:
    Culinary Student
    We were recently told about our school's ACF team and encouraged to participate. I think it's a great idea and potentially a great experience. Anyone a member?

2. skatz85

skatz85

Exp:
    Line Cook
    im a memeber of the ACF and our school has a culinary team. i am kind of the unofficial memeber, pretty much if someone is sick i will step in. Its fun to get the experience and get a meadal since you can use it for your Sous Chef certification. it take alot of dedication and time to be part of the team.

3. pbrejcha

pbrejcha

Exp:
    Culinary Student
    That's cool. How do your practices go usually? We were told that if we were to join the team, it would be dedicating up to 20 hours per week for it, which is fine by me. Team practices usually go for 5-7 hours per day, 2-3 days per week. It sounds like a great place to network, hone my skills, learn new things, and have fun at the same time.

4. skatz85

skatz85

Exp:
    Line Cook
    we meet about 5 am on mondays and then fridays from 12 to whenever we get done and then sometime other days during the week. it definatly takes dedication and im getting kind of board cause its the same stuff evertime but i love it and wont give up. I say do it even if you dont make it, like me, its still good to do it to learn.