Anyone Attend the NRA Show?

Discussion in 'Professional Chefs' started by pete, May 25, 2002.

1. pete

pete Moderator Staff Member

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    So who all made it to the NRA show, in Chicago, this past week? On Monday, I took a few of the cooks from my new job, down to check it out. We had a blast, and the guys I took were blown away by the size and scope of the show. Previously, the largest food shows they had been to were Sysco shows in Milwaukee. We had a great time! Spent some time watching the chefs at the Bocuse D'Or Concours. Time watching the Giant Ice Carving competition. Way too much time at the Budweiser pavillon. And a good part of the day roaming the endless array of suppliers. I was very excited because for the first time in a few years New England Culinary Institute had a booth there, and I got to catch up with a wonderful old instructor of mine.

After the show we headed over to one of my old restaurants for cocktails and dinner, where I got to expose my cooks to a type of high-end cooking they had never seen before. Then we headed back up to Fond du Lac. It was a very long day needless to say. But one that was lots and lots of fun.

2. chiffonade

chiffonade

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Hey Pete! I had to read halfway down your post until I finally realized you weren't talking about the National Rifle Association show.

I look forward to moving back to civilization so I can enjoy such things as food shows :)