Any reputable courses I can take.

Discussion in 'Choosing A Culinary School' started by wilpark, Feb 21, 2014.

1. wilpark

wilpark

Exp:
    At home cook
    I know that Sur la Table has some classes for folks not in the culinary profession.  And Viking had a few many years ago.  Are there some courses or demos I can go, in order to expand my culinary knowledge.

I live in NYC and there are many Culinary Arts schools.  Is there something that is offered per class?

2. youngchefkarl

youngchefkarl

Exp:
    Sous Chef
  3. tummytalk

tummytalk

Exp:
    Restaurant Manager
    @youngchefkarl, speaking of the International Culinary Centre, i'd really like to know if it has a bachelors prog in Culinary Arts. I wouldnt want to spend that much for a diploma or associate degree. The certificate has to be worth it. I have sent two emails to the school requesting this answer but obviously whoever is in charge of emails seldom does their job and its bad for reputation. I would really appreciate it if you could put me through on this. Thanks Tummytalk

4. nicko

nicko Founder of Cheftalk.com Staff Member

Exp:
    Former Chef
         also offers 1 -3 day classes in various subjects. I took a one day bread class in the Paris location and it was excellent. 

Uggh, just looked this up and they don't have a New York campus which I find very odd. There is a Boston campus if you don't mind the travel. Here is a list of their courses:

http://www.chefs.edu/Programs/Chefs-Series

Last edited: Mar 12, 2014