Any ideas for flavors/fillings in a chocolate chip cookie trifle

Discussion in 'Pastries & Baking' started by drirene, Jun 14, 2019 at 1:57 AM.

1. drirene

drirene

Exp:
    At home wannabe pastry chef
    Ooops! I removed one of my inch-thick quadruple chocolate-chip-cookie-cake layers from the pan while it was too warm and it fell apart. So, no two layers cake. I'm thinking trifle. One layer can work as the bottom.

Recipes I googled used chocolate pudding and/or chocolate ganache and/or whipped cream for layers. The cookie is very rich so I would prefer not to add more chocolate (white or milk or dark). I would like to lighten it up a bit too.

Does anyone have suggestions for layers and/or flavors that are a little different from the norm?

Last edited: Jun 14, 2019 at 2:24 AM
  2. Innocuous Lemon

Innocuous Lemon

Exp:
    fair bit
    well if creme chantilly is too humdrum for you, why not try a diplomat? maybe a passion fruit diplomat, thats a fairly respected chocolate combination

or make finely diced pineapple, gently stewed in its juiced with a few vanilla pods, then combined with all the goop of a few passion fruits, you get a sort of bright acidic compot with a bit of mellowing from the vanilla, drain liquid or even cook in NH pectin to achieve the consistency you prefer. that could be spooned in layers .

maybe some mini pavolvas baked until crisp but still gooey and moist on the inside. some lime zest in the mix to make it interesting and compliment the compote

drirene likes this.
  3. cheflayne

cheflayne

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    avocado or Earl Grey tea

drirene likes this.
  4. drirene

drirene

Exp:
    Diplomat cream and citrus; great idea! While I prefer basic over sophisticated flavors, you have definitely inspired me Innocuous Lemon.

Soooo, I'm thinking a brandy diplomat cream with bananas tossed in lemon juice. Maybe throw in a few toasted walnuts lightly seasoned with cinnamon.

That's more flavors than I would normally mix. Progress.

5. drirene

drirene

Exp:
    Don't you have to be pro to do that? :confused:

Last edited: Jun 14, 2019 at 5:37 AM
  6. arzoochaudhary

arzoochaudhary

Exp:
    fresher
    Though it happened wrong to you. but everything has a solution, and yes one layer can work as the bottom.