Any Hyatt alumni out there?

Joined Mar 9, 2000
After ten years, tonight was my last night working for the Hyatt Corporation. Any of you culinarians Hyatt alumni?

[This message has been edited by chefjohnpaul (edited October 05, 2000).]

Joined Jul 18, 2000
i havent worked with hyatt - yet, however i did stay in the Hyatt Regency Kaanapali Maui on my honeymoon and i was very impressed.

Joined Aug 21, 2000
I had 2 tours of duty at the Park Hyatt-Chicago. First, My externship with Chef Jeff Jackson. Then I returned after school and worked with Chef Charles Weber. Both Experiences were great.

Joined Jul 18, 2000
heheh, did you eat at the swan court? - exceptional.

we stayed in the napali tower rooms.

I especailly enjoyed the "Lahaina Lemonades" - royalty amongst cocktails as far as im concerned.

The place is made for memories.

Joined Jul 31, 2000
Hey Johnpaul

I worked at the grand Hyatt in 85/86 as sous chef in the crystal fountain, then moved over to trumpets as sous,Then became excecutive sous for 9 months, the Chef at that time was Helmut Lauck, It was one of the best exsperences of my 20 years
Good luck on what ever you decide to take on

Joined Mar 9, 2000
I believe Helmut opened the Hyatt here in Sacramento,Cape Chef.

Nisk.Shu Swan Court was closed when we were there. We ate at Spatz. Excellent.

[This message has been edited by chefjohnpaul (edited October 11, 2000).]

Joined Aug 22, 2005
Hi Johnpaul,

I currently work at the Hyatt in San Diego. 1600 rooms, big banquet department. Last year we were the busiest banquet of all Hyatts in the world. After working for a year in banquet, I changed kitchen and now work in both room service and a lounge as line cook. So were do you work now?

Joined Jan 18, 2006
I haven't started my culinary career yet, but I did at one time handle all the refrigeration at the Irvine Hyatt.

Joined Feb 17, 2003
I worked at the Hyatt Regency in Cincinnati from 97 to 01. I learned alot there but didn't really like it. I didn't feel that the management really cared about the associates under them. I did enjoy the benefits though. We stayed at the Grand Cypress for our honeymoon.

Latest posts

Top Bottom