Any chefs in Boulder, Colorado?

Discussion in 'Professional Chefs' started by hausfrau, Jul 12, 2012.

1. hausfrau

Hello from Canada.  I am going to be travelling to Boulder in October with the view of possibly moving to the area in the next few years.  I would appreciate making contact with anyone who would have the time to talk with me about the area and what types of places I might find work in.

I am a mature woman with over 14 years mixed experience (catering and restaurant...fine dining, casual, cafeteria) and my Red Seal.

Please send me a message with information on how to contact you while I am there.  With thanks,  Monica
  2. modchef

Hope you like self-important, entitled yuppies who think they invented farm-to-table, food allergies, and beer!

I'm (mostly) kidding, Boulder actually has a well supported food scene and really is ahead of most of the country in local & seasonal cooking and allergy awareness.  We're home to an amazing farmer's market, a dozen local breweries, a James Beard award winner (laclan mackinnon-patterson of frasca) and more master sommeliers than NYC or LA! 

If you want to post (or PM me) some questions I'll do my best to answer them.