Featured Any chef's here do there inventory on there ipads?

Discussion in 'Professional Chefs' started by stevej1986, Feb 8, 2019.

1. stevej1986

stevej1986

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    When I was working as a responsable de cuisine in alberta for breakfast when it came time for inventory the sous chef and I use to do inventory on our ipads. It was handy because we'd be able to go anywhere in the kitchen, and update the information easily. Does anyone have an excel sheet, or know of a place were I can get this information easily?

2. Mischief

Mischief

Exp:
    Executive Chef

You'll most likely need to create your own spreadsheet for inventory, especially if you have multiple distributors. They are usually happy to help. When I took over this kitchen, I contacted all my distributors and asked for a list of everything the restaurant had ordered in the previous 90 days. I combined all those lists and organized them by kitchen location for my first inventory. Then I would remove things that were unneeded, add things that were, etc. After you do it once, it's simple to maintain and updated. Once you have your spreadsheet, put it on your tablet and you're ready to roll.

dectra likes this.
  3. stevej1986

stevej1986

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    That's a good idea thank you for sharing

4. halb

halb

Exp:
    Owner/Operator
    You would think suppliers would have a PAR list app.

5. Chef T-Roy

Chef T-Roy

Exp:
    Executive Chef
    I developed my own, with conversions, formulas etc, to where when I entered my price on whole fish, it gave my yields to off knife costdown to portioned items no matter the particular size. IE, I would enter my whole fish cost, and by the time I got down to my dinner portion, lunch portion, sandwich portion, taco portion, the respective prices were already there. Then I let my newest Sous take it over and he fucked it all up.....

Mischief likes this.