Another New Kid on the Block

Discussion in 'New User Introductions' started by greyeaglem, Apr 17, 2006.

1. greyeaglem

greyeaglem

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Hi, I'm new here, and happy to find a forum where I can learn from other people. I live in S.E. Minnesota in a town along the Mississippi river. I have worked in the food industry for more years than I care to admit to. I'm currently looking for work as I have just come away from a horrible experience as (supposed) part owner of a new restaurant. I did all the work of getting it ready, created the menu, got it up and running then had the majority partner force me out. Now I'm watching him destroy what I worked so hard for. Has anyone else been this stupid? You know misery loves company. I'd love to hear anyone else's hard-luck story. May we all win the lottery!

2. mezzaluna

mezzaluna

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    Nice to meet you, greyeaglem. You might want to read the thread about the closing of a restaurant, "The Final Chapter of the Fourth Story Restaurant". I'll bet you'll find it interesting. I've not been in the professional side of the business, but friends of mine had an experience similar to yours. They now have a place of their own and are doing very well after being open 10 months.

There's so much here to enjoy! I hope you take full advantage of this site and this community.

Regards,
    Mezzaluna

3. diane

diane

Exp:
    Professional Caterer
    Glad you are here, you have the experience to save others a lot of pain, as you answer their questions with the assurance only experience can give. Good for you mate. I look forward to more posts.