Another generic introduction. :)

Discussion in 'New User Introductions' started by neist, Sep 23, 2010.

1. neist

neist

Exp:
    Culinary Student
    Well, hello!

My name is Jon, and I'm going to be starting a baking and pastry program very shortly (this next monday, actually). By some strange luck, I found this website. It looks to be a pretty decent place to get some thoughts aired, so I thought, "Why not join!"

Besides for the overly basic and generic "I'm new" sort of statement, I unfortunately do not have much to say. /img/vbsmilies/smilies//smile.gif I look forward to the insight and discussions that will hopefully come in the future, and I hope my adaptation into the community of this website can be as painless as humanly possible.

-Jon

2. mezzaluna

mezzaluna

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    Hi Jon- we're glad you found us. We've been around for over 10 years, so it's not that surprising that you found us. /img/vbsmilies/smilies//biggrin.gif

Good luck with your culinary education! I hope you'll be able to get as broad an experience as possible.

As far as a "generic" introduction, I'm always intrigued to learn who may have inspired newbies here to get into cooking. Are there heirloom dishes from your family which you've learned to cook? Regional recipes or ingredients you enjoy working with? See.... there's always something to tell us. /img/vbsmilies/smilies/wink.gif  I suggest you use the search tool here before jumping into posting a new thread; with a decade of discussions here, I bet at least some of your topic has been treated. Of course, that doesn't mean you shouldn't start a new one, but a lot of culinary student-type questions may be out there already. Remember, though, that some of the threads may be rather dated, so those posting dates may matter.

We hope you'll participate often and enjoy being part of this community. Welcome!

Mezzaluna

3. bubbleboys

bubbleboys

Exp:
    At home cook
    my dad was the one who got me into cooking.  My dad cooked more and better than my mom so I guess I saw fit to copy.

My current heirloom dishes aren't really fit for company.  Not that they're bad tasting or anything, they're just very homey dishes.  Spaghetti made in the style of my mom/dad, fried rice in the style of my mom, beef noodle soup in the style of my dad (who got it from my grandma)