Another fresser signs on.

Joined Aug 29, 2000
Welcome, 32RueduVertbois. We're glad you found us. Please tell us a bit more about yourself and what keeps you busy. Make yourself at home browsing and posting. We'll look forward to your participation.

Is that Greenwood street??

Mezzaluna

Joined Jan 13, 2004
Thanks for the welcome, Mezzaluna. Let's see, I work too hard, so I don't get to cook as much as I'd like to, but I do most of the cooking at home (we order in a lot), and all of the cooking for company.

As I recently indicated in one of my first posts on this site, I like carbon steel knives. I like to cook Italian, French, and Indian food. Favorite cookbook authors are Madhur Jaffrey and Julia Child, and I also like Marcella Hazan and Giuliano Bugialli, and I love the Rao's Cookbook. I like MFK Fisher and Elizabeth David. I think that James Beard is over-rated.

In general, I prefer the traditional and the classic to the innovative. I have such ambitions as making choucroute garni, including the choucroute, from scratch, according to Andre Soltner's recipe in the Lutece Cookbook. My favorite recipe instruction of all time: "The sauerkraut will be ready 3 weeks after the marinating begins."

That's probably way more than you wanted to hear.

Joined Jan 24, 2003
Saurkraut ferments n stinks out your kitchen but tastes mighty fine,.Choucrote ...mmmmmmmmm

Joined Apr 23, 2002
Actually it doesn´t (Okay, mines sits in the cellar anyway, but...).

How do you prepare it? Don´t you use one of these clay pots with a clay lid?

Armand

Latest posts

Top Bottom