anniversary dinner advice

Joined Dec 17, 2009
I am planning the menu for the dinner for my 3rd anniversary and while focusing on the idea of three for the inspiration i wanted to create a three course meal. All i have so far is desert, im going to make a Neapolitan tart with strawberry vanilla and chocolate filling. I wanted to do something with maybe duck, chicken , and game hen or even salmon tuna whitefish cooked roll stuffed with crab filling. Any suggestions would be very helpfull. Thank you

Joined Aug 25, 2009
Happy 3rd year Wedding Anniversary ! I think it is wonderful that you are going to make something with so much thought.

I really hope you like QUAIL because as far as I am concerned, it can be a nice , fancy, tasty dish.

Thinking of 3 ? Then 3 on a plate.

How to cook it ? So many recipes out there....

Roasted quail with pork-pine nut stuffing and honey bourbon butter.

Crispy quail with spicy wild blueberry sauce.

Quail with almonds , cherries, and green onion sauce.

Grilled quail with zesty grilled peach chutney.

THEN there is quail stuffed with foie gras in Sauternes jelly (you can make it) Chateau de Malle

3-4 mini , multi color root vegetables, gently cooked in butter.....pretty popular French dish with a big name. (big discussion on CT once)

I think your dessert is a very nice idea.....

Wines Red : Chateauneuf-du-Pape, Burgundy , Pinot Noir
Wines White: Adam Cremant D'Alsace Chardonnay Extra Brut

Congratulations !

Joined Dec 17, 2009
Ive definitely decided on the starter of tuna, salmon and halibut seared and then baked in a square mold with ginger crab stuffing layered in it, (dill wine sauce maybe?) I wanted to do a thing with roasted duck chicken and quail but was wondering about a sauce that would go well with all three and maybe some advice on seasoning to go with the sauce. (some kind of orange maybe? I have little experience with duck and no experience with quail) Thank you for the input so far

Top Bottom