And The Winners Are...

isa

Joined Apr 4, 2000
On Saturday, theInternational Association of Culinary Professionals gave out its cookbook awards. The winners are:

Cookbook Of The Year

The Bread Baker's Apprentice: Mastering the Art of Extraordinary Bread by Peter Reinhard

Bread, Other Baking And Sweets

The Bread Baker's Apprentice: Mastering the Art of Extraordinary Bread by Peter Reinhard

Chefs And Restaurants Category

Lidia's Italian-American Kitchen by Lidia Matticchio Bastianich

Food Reference / Technical Category

Professional Baking by Wayne Gisslen

General Category

A New Way To Cook by Sally Schneider

International Category

Savoring India: Recipes and Reflections on Indian Cooking by Julie Sahni

Single Subject Category

How To Grill by Steven Raichien

For more details, visit the IACP website

Joined Oct 28, 1999
The Bread Baker's Apprentice - weren't we talking about this one (at great length) just a while ago? Great read; it is deserving of such recognition. What do you think, Kyle???

isa

Joined Apr 4, 2000
It is an awesome book Jim. He writes very well and clearly, you get a sense of his knowledge reading the first chapters before the recipes.

As for the recipes, each one is awesome, you just want to try them all, just for the pleasure of travelling through loaves and loaves.

Joined Mar 13, 2001
I have the book since a few months now and I am very pleased with it. I keep coming back for Mr. Reinhart's clear instructions and I really enjoy the high quality photographs.

For anyone who enjoys baking, this book is a must buy!

;)

nicko

Founder of Cheftalk.com
Staff member
Joined Oct 5, 2001
Chef Joe George wrote an excellent review of this book on ChefTalk.com. Just go to the bookshelf section:

www.cheftalk.com

Latest posts

Top Bottom