an aspiring chef needs advice on schools in europe and new york...please advice!!

Discussion in 'General Culinary School Discussions' started by marypoppins, Sep 24, 2007.

1. marypoppins

marypoppins

Exp:
    I Just Like Food
    Hi all,
    I'm new to this website. I 've just been reading through various threads but havent been really able to come to a conclusions. However the forum has helped me shortlist many things and given me a clearer picture.
    I have just recently moved to India after living many years in England. I have planned on a change of career as I found my new found passion for cooking...though only cakes, chocolates, desserts, and sugar craft (modelling, etc.).I am still struggling with it though as I 've only just started by reading various recipes from around the world.
    Also am starting a home catering business with my mom for cakes and cookies in India.
    But my plan is to take a proffesional training in a culinary institute and along also get a hands on expereince in a resturant or cruise ship or a bakery in europe.
    As of now I was bending towards LCB, paris. But after reading about the reviews in this forum...I feel skeptical about it. Money is not an issue...
    so the ones I've short listed are:
    1.France: LCB, Lenotre, ESCF-Ferrandi school or Ecole des Arts Culinaires et de l'Hotellerie
    If anyone knows anyother intensive 9months-1 year pastry and chocolate making along with sugar craft courses in france or europe, I would really appreciate it.
    2.NY: ice and french culinary
    3.switzerland: DCT

Any advice would be appreciated and even though I'll have my own business...I still feel the need to do this course and a job in europe.
    Thank you all for your time and replies in advance.
    Look foward to hearing from you.
    :chef: an aspiring chef

2. quinn01

quinn01

Exp:
    Culinary Student
    I go to The Culinary Institute of America in Hyde Park, NY right on the Hudson River.

3. foodpump

foodpump

Exp:
    Professional Pastry Chef
    Check out the Fachschule Richemont, or, Richemont Craft School, in Lucerne, Switzerland.

4. marypoppins

marypoppins

Exp:
    I Just Like Food
    Thank you all for your replies. Food Pump, I can't seem to find the website for this school and the courses that they offer. Do you know of the website address?
    Also, is it a well known school with good reputation?
    thanks
    marypoppins

5. sugarcraftindia

sugarcraftindia

Exp:
    Culinary Instructor
    Hi Marypoppins

Its interesting to see that you have an interest for sugarpaste modelling too. I am in India and conduct classes on sugarcraft. You can reach me out if I can help you in anyway.
    I also have had students who have passed out from LCB and you can reach out to them for a firsthand feedback.

TC
    Swati
    SugarcraftIndia

6. marypoppins

marypoppins

Exp:
    I Just Like Food
    Hi...sonu Mami...wat a surprise!! Guess who???

7. sugarcraftindia

sugarcraftindia

Exp:
    Culinary Instructor
    Aah Sumedha.....right!!!?

8. marypoppins

marypoppins

Exp:
    I Just Like Food
    :lips: yeaa..!!!
    How r u...I checked out ur website...n ur creations r truly amazing.
    I might get in touch with u soon to discuss about ordering a few things from you. \
    hope alls well...
    take care

9. sugarcraftindia

sugarcraftindia

Exp:
    Culinary Instructor
    Hi Sumedha

Thanks for visiting the website. I just came back from Delhi but could'nt meet you as was very busy with the workshop and had to leave immediately after that. I will be in Almora the whole of Oct and Nov...will be coming to Delhi now aroung the 8th of Dec.
    I would be glad if I could help you in anyway...Just a call away...:roll:

Love
    Swati

10. liliana

liliana

Exp:
    Culinary Instructor
    Has anyone here been to the Institute Paul Bocuse 6 weeks course? If so, please share your experiance

11. chef brah

chef brah

Exp:
    Culinary Student
    i am considering joining International Culinary Centre..its less than half the price of CIA tuition and a faster 6 month course

very modern campus in SOHO and very good networking and internships and placements....david chang went there.

their 6 month culinary arts course is very good and i did lot of research and they have positive reviews in terms of teaching.

edit: which genius bumped up a 10 year old thread?

Last edited: Mar 3, 2017
  12. salminho55

salminho55

Exp:
    wondows
    Richemont Craft School, in Lucerne, Switzerland.