American wine production

Joined Jul 31, 2000
What are the three largest wine producing states? And in what order?
smile.gif

Joined Jul 31, 2000
Hey Shroomgirl

#1 California
#2 New york State
#3 Ohio (surprise)
Ohio is mostly planted to Concord , Niagara and Catawba. They produce hybrids like seyal Blanc and Vidal Blanc. I thought it was interesting that ohio is the third largest produser. I would of said Washigton state or oregon just because of the quility wines those states produce

Joined Aug 11, 2000
We have those varietals here too....as well as Norton, Seyval the others: concord, cawtaba, etc...are used for juice mainly.
OHIO go figure! I'm going to the Reidel tasting tonight....post the results later....tomorrow

Joined Aug 11, 2000
No way will I spit when Mondavi is bringing out the Cab reserves and the Pinots from Byrons....YES the glass makes a difference.
What a deal 4 glasses, food, wonderful wine and all for $70. The glasses alone where worth it.

Joined Aug 11, 2000
Brown Derby Wine Cellar hosted this "class"
The president of Riedel and rep from Mondavi came in and talked about wine changes with the different shaped glasses (we got 4 glasses to take home:3rd level not shabby) Wines poured 1997 Robert Mondavi Fume Blanc Reserve
1998 Robert Mondavi Carneros District Chardonney (pretty darn yummy and I'm not a Chard fan)
1998 Byron Santa Maria Valley Pinot Noir
1997 Robert Mondavi Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon (UMMMMMMM)
Food was truffle moose, mushrooms in fillo, good cheese plate, beef and veg rollups, Thai chicken skewers.
2 hour class. I think they needed 75 people to make the class fly...e-mail me if you want specific names and #s

[This message has been edited by shroomgirl (edited 10-27-2000).]

Top Bottom