Amazing if you ask me (still amazing even if you don't ask!)

Discussion in 'Food & Cooking' started by chrose, Jul 11, 2005.

1. chrose

chrose

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    As my garden is progressing it was time to remove the lettuce that had grown past its prime. Fact is I couldn't eat it fast enough!
    Pulling it left me some room to grow one more crop. Being late in the season I didn't want to start from seed. I had a coupon for free veggies from Home Depot. All they really had that I wanted was a container of 6 Spanish Onions they were already growing so I took them home and planted them. I got another batch today and prepared the soil in that area. When I removed the lettuce and the onions I found a huge network of Mychorrizae. These weren't present when I started my garden this year. When I planted the garden it was hard nasty clay, but I worked it and added the Alaska Bountea 3 times so far, now the former clay is fertile, soft, clean smelling and full of Mychorrizae. I swear I'm not selling the stuff (yet ;) ) but it really is amazing. Check out these pics!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

If you're not familiar with Mychorrizae:http://www.planthealthcare.com/fungi.html

I hate it when links don't work! Try these.

2. mudbug

mudbug

Exp:
    Culinary Instructor
    Very interesting. Thank you for sharing chrose.

In addition to the Alaska Bountea, I highly recommend you have your soil tested so you can be sure to amend it for the long term making sure it has the proper balance of minerals so you don't have to rely on the tea.

If you're wanting the images to show here and need help, let me know.