Alto Shaam CTX4.10VH

Discussion in 'Professional Chefs' started by Randy Lewis, Mar 2, 2018.

1. Randy Lewis

Randy Lewis

Exp:
    Has anyone had the same experience as me with the Alto Shaam CTX4.10VH. I have issues with it for day one. They refuse to do anything about it. It is a real POS. Should have gone with the rational.

2. r.shackleford

r.shackleford

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    you answered your own question, should have got a Rational, I find Alto sham very temperamental, high maintenance and fragile..... much like a few sous chefs I've worked with

Randy Lewis likes this.
  3. Randy Lewis

Randy Lewis

Exp:
    At the time Rational was doing a built-n hood

4. Randy Lewis

Randy Lewis

Exp:
    They were not doing a built-in hood

5. ChefBryan

ChefBryan

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    I am not sure what your issues with the combi oven are, but we have two, and we have also had consistent issues with them, primarily with the displays and sound. I have never been offered any sort of adequate solutions either. I have had them torn apart and looked at the cooling fans inside the display board, and there have not been any issues there. I have investigated every other potential issue they suggested to ensure nothing was overheating, and have never come across any issue that I could resolve.

6. phaedrus

phaedrus

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    My experience with the Rational has been mixed. It's really finicky and prone to popping open. It's great when it works though.

7. 21TonyK

21TonyK

Exp:
    Chef, ex-restaurateur
    If the door is popping open then the locking pin needs adjusting, theres a bolt head on the side, loosen and you can move the pin in or out accordingly. Also check the other side of the mechanism for grime inside as this prevents it engaging with the pin.

I always specify rational ovens for sites.

8. Chef_Aaron_B

Chef_Aaron_B

Exp:
    Executive Chef
    Look into Thermodyne Cook and Hold Cabinets. Great Product!