Almond shell

Joined Jun 14, 2004
I am looking for a recipe for a moldable almond shell. I once had it filled with creme brulee at a restaurant that is now closed. It is thin and crispy, i believe it had almond flour and sliced almonds. Molded into a shell to hold a scoop of creme brulee. Please let me know if you can help![/
Joined Aug 29, 2000
Hello Bachoff17 and welcome to Chef Talk.

What you are looking for, I believe, is called an almond tuile (tile). These ultra-thin cookies cook in a jiffy and can be shaped into curls, tubes or placed over a custard cup or small bowl to cool in a cup shape.

Here's one recipe. Fill it with fruit, custard, ice cream- whatever you please.

When you have a moment, we invite you to stop in the Welcome Forum to introduce yourself. I hope you enjoy your explorations here!

Top Bottom