allo!

Discussion in 'Pastries & Baking' started by bakerbaker, Jan 20, 2006.

1. bakerbaker

bakerbaker

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    :chef: hello people. i'm very new to this type of thing. actually never heard of it until now. and the reason for signing up?..... chocolate plastique! (white chocolate) i'm doing a wedding cake for a friend and i have a recipe but was wondering if there are better ones. it just doesn't feel right. a little too dry maybe? help me please!!!!!!!!!!

2. mezzaluna

mezzaluna

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    Hello Bakerbaker and welcome to Chef Talk. I'm going to move your post to the Pastries and Baking forum so it will get the attention it deserves.

Good luck! Come on back to the Welcome Forum and tell us a bit about yourself.

Welcome!

Mezzaluna

3. chrose

chrose

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    BB, hi and welcome to the forum. Now this is my personal opinion. I have made my own plastique and ordered it already made. I have seen posts on this website from people who claim to make their own and it works fine for them. I have never been satisfied with what I made, even though I know how to do it. I am partial to Barry Decor, but Albert Uster also has a very usable product. In lieu of the plastique you could also use Massa Ticino, very similar in texture and usability but with a neutral flavor. The Barry Decor is flavored with Oil of Bitter Almond so it has a Marzipan like quality to it. The Albert Uster brand is mild in flavor, and of course what you make yourself will have the most flavor, especially if you are making dark plastique.
    As for a recipe can dig mine up if you need it.