All your favorite E-shop in here (EU only)

Discussion in 'Cooking Equipment Reviews' started by misak, Jul 1, 2013.

1. misak

misak

Exp:
    At home cook
    Hi,

Im looking for tips where I can buy quality END GRAIN MAPLE CUTTING BOARD with fair delivery cost to other countries.. (from Europe to Europe)

After two days of searching, i cant really find anything..  Is there any good e-shop or small business cabinet maker,   or just a give me tip to good producer (like boos, boardsmith).. This ones are hard to buy in here.

Thanks.

mv

EDIT -   my board should be at least 40x30x3 cm  

Last edited: Jul 2, 2013
  2. kokopuffs

kokopuffs

Exp:
    Home Cook
    Look here for end grain stuff.

3. misak

misak

Exp:
    At home cook
    Thank you for your reply, but johnboos is from USA and i cant find any Europe sellers..  I have to pay duty /customs/ from USA.. And thats not worthy :(  

4. butzy

butzy

Exp:
    Owner/Operator
    Where in Europe are you?
    Try amazon.co.uk or amazon.de?
    I use amazon.co.uk for a fair amount of stuff and above a certain amount they ship for free to the Netherlands (not all goods, so check carefully)
    Hope that helps

5. misak

misak

Exp:
    At home cook
    Thank you, but its hard.. I was looking on amazon ebay but if you find for example johnboos,, its the same problem.. They sending item from US even on amazon.co.uk..  damn..

There is few end grain maple boards on amazon ebay,, but the size of board is small.. Im going to look on other sites like Holland, France, but i think the result will be the same..

Maybe someone else know other cabinetmakers, less known.. etc. :x

Im from Czech rep.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2013
  6. butzy

butzy

Exp:
    Owner/Operator
    I did a quick search and it looks like there are quite some options. Check here
    You just don't qualify for free delivery by the looks of it. You might if you use amazon.de, but my German is a bit rusty these days...

7. misak

misak

Exp:
    At home cook
    butzy thank you,  only problem is , Im too picky and preffered wood is a  MAPLE ;)  But in this case, it looks like i have no other choice then pick other type of wood..  Then it  become simple to choose.

8. anton kudris

anton kudris

Exp:
    Can't boil water
    I'm late here, but maybe this could help someone.

There's a company called mtmwood  in Russia which produce custom end grain cutting boards. They use lots of different types of wood (including maple) and can make any size/look you want.

Seems like their site currently is in Russian only, but you can contact them by email [email protected] and describe what exactly you need (size, wood types, appearance etc). They do ship worldwide and the prices are reasonable.

Not a long ago I've ordered a custom board from them and love it. 

9. misak

misak

Exp:
    At home cook
    Hello and thank you for your reply !

Great stuff.  Im going to contact them.. Its about time for me to buy one.. Few days ago iv contacted UK who has very high delivery price , so i will try this one !