All Things Cobbler

Discussion in 'Pastries & Baking' started by iamsarai, Aug 20, 2014.

1. iamsarai

iamsarai

Exp:
    Home Chef
    So....... I made my very first cobbler. I usually go for pies (Especially Sweet Potato), but I had a taste for something more.... exotic I guess... Well... I went for a cherry cobbler....

First... it was seriously, one of the best cobblers I've tasted and I am totally not being biased here.... (maybe a little)

Secondly... DAMN it was good!!!!!!

What are your favorite cobblers and what fruits would you consider trying???

2. julez

julez

Exp:
    Culinary Student
    Hi ... I have a suggestion when you make your cobbler .. which is the dough on top! Dollop it in large spoonfuls... throughout the pan. That way when it " bakes " it will all come together across the top. With " golden crust". That way.. when you serve it.. everybody will get some " goodness ".

More better ..than small crumbles!

Peach cobbler is real good with cinnamon! With a little bit of " cream " over the top.. blends in with all the flavors... can even put a scoop of Vanilla ice cream on the side.. if you wish! I have also tried Cherry Cobbler.
    With Cherry .. you can't really do to much to it! Put it together and bake it.
    It doesn't have that " Home- Made " taste! Like it does with Peach Cobbler... yum so good!

Julez

3. iamsarai

iamsarai

Exp:
    Home Chef
    YUM Juelz... thanks for the suggestion!!!!!! I got that recipe up top from Emeril.. hahaha :)

Did you HAVE to say vanilla ice cream and peach cobbler???? I just gained 3.5lbs just thinking about it....

4. panini

panini

Exp:
    Owner/Operator
    I'm not into sweet, sweet things. I make rhubarb cobbler at home. 

5. crabapple

crabapple

Exp:
    I Just Like Food
    My pear trees are loaded this year, limbs touching the ground from 15 feet in the air.

The MoonGlow is only about 15 years old & it has showed to be a big performer.

The old Fashion Pineapple Pear is 75 or more years old & is loaded this year too.

Any tips on what to do to make the flavor pop in a pear cobbler.