All clad vs de buyer affinity vs demeyere Atlantis Saucier

Discussion in 'Cooking Equipment Reviews' started by Mona123, Nov 12, 2017 at 9:12 PM.

1. Mona123

Mona123

Exp:
    home cooking
    Hello, im in between these 3 sauciers. Is there any knowledge here on these pans from this fantastic forum? :) I live in europe, so getting the all clad would be more hazzle/more expensive.

I cook 50% of the time for one person and the rest 50% of the time for 2. occasionaly i cook for a family of 5. Which size would you recommend? ill be using it primary for making sauces, dunno if it has any other uses than that?

Also is a lid smart to get?

Thanks very much for all the responses i get!

2. Pat Pat

Pat Pat

Exp:
    Chef Emeritus
    My saucier collection is made up exclusively of All-Clad Copper Core and Demeyere Atlantis. The All-Clad has the same thickness across all the different sizes while Demeyere's smaller pans are thinner than the bigger ones.

You can't go wrong with either brand. I couldn't choose one that's why I got both brands. LOL.

≈3 qt. would probably be best for your situation.

3. Mona123

Mona123

Exp:
    home cooking
    So all clad isnt that much better? its more expensive.

3.3qt wouldnt be too big?

4. Pat Pat

Pat Pat

Exp:
    Chef Emeritus
    Not that big. You need room to stir and splash too. Basically it's around 2 qt. usable. You said you cook for up to 5 people too.

They're basically the same performance-wise as far as I can feel; this is only for the saucier though. All-Clad saute pan is better than Demeyere and Demeyere fry pan is better than All-Clad; Copper Core v.s. Atlantis, that is. I only have these 2 lines so I don't know about the others.

Mona123 likes this.