All-Clad Stainless in 3 months.

Discussion in 'Cooking Equipment Reviews' started by stephanie brim, Dec 3, 2005.

1. stephanie brim

stephanie brim

Exp:
    At home cook
    I'm going to make the plunge...and there goes my tax return. Now I have to figure out where the blazes to buy them.

I'm figuring on a ten piece set, regardless of the fact that I do kind of agree that buying things pan by pan is a better idea, because of the money factor, but there are so many places and at least three different ten piece sets that I've found.

One, from url=http://www.metrokitchen.com/item/AC-501341/]MetroKitchen.com[/url], has the two quart saucier. This would come in handy because of how much I make sauces. The problem is that I'd be sacrificing the larger sauce pan to have it...and I do have the Emerilware one quart saucier. Then there's the one from Williams-Sonoma that has the four quart sauce pan.

In all honesty, I don't see myself needing the four quart sauce pan much. A three quart would be a good addition to a set, but four seems very large. I do frequently cook for at least 5 people, though. It would be easy to add at a later date, though so would anything else really. The set with the saucier is cheaper, but not by a whole lot.

Any advice? This is one of two things I'm doing for myself before I go off to school and can no longer afford to buy anything. If you were buying to outfit your own kitchen, what would you do?

2. markv

markv

It really all depends on how much cooking you'll do, what kind of cooking, and very important................how many people you'll cook for.

I have the All Clad sauce pans in every size........1, 2, 3, & 4 and I use all of them.

The four is really not that big and I use it a lot. In my experience, whenever I've skimped, I've always regretted that I didn't get the bigger one.

Spend the money once and feel good about your choice for the rest of your life.

Mark

3. stephanie brim

stephanie brim

Exp:
    At home cook
    Yeah, I think the four-quart may be a good idea...and perhaps a three-quart or at least another two-quart would also be smart. I've been doing some thinking and I really like how the Emerilware looks and feels. I may end up getting a main set of that and adding some All-Clad stainless and copper core pieces to it: a Copper Core saucier in the larger size, a decently sized sauce pan or two, etc. It's going to depend a lot on how much money I can save and what kind of deals I can find.

4. deltadoc

deltadoc

Its always easier to put less into a bigger pan than it is to put more into a littler one!

doc