Alec

Discussion in 'New User Introductions' started by alec, Apr 7, 2013.

1. alec

alec

Exp:
    Owner/Operator
    I own two restaurants in Maine (Portland and Yarmouth) focusing on wings and BBQ.  95% of what we put out is scratch cooking and I have a bunch and seek a bunch of information on frying and smoking.

2. mezzaluna

mezzaluna

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    Welcome, Alec! I'll stretch and guess your avatar is NOT taken from one of your menus, right? /img/vbsmilies/smilies/wink.gif

Having visited Portland some years ago and found it a vibrant and exciting city (the tall ships were in port when we were there), I'd love to return. We had some excellent food there, although it's been long enough that I can't recall just where (or what) we ate. It must be time to make a return visit.

You'll find Chef Talk an excellent place to connect with other owner/operators having similar questions, and to research equipment and products in the product reviews. While there's not a specific forum for owners and operators, you're free to read in all the professionals' forums to gather all the information you like. The search tool will be especially helpful. I suggest you post questions in the general forums, as everyone reads there, regardless of category, so you'll be more likely to catch everyone's eye.

I hope you visit and return often to participate share. Welcome to the community.

Regards,

Mezzaluna

3. petalsandcoco

petalsandcoco

Exp:
    Private Chef
    Welcome Alec,

What a funny avatar ! Look forward to seeing around the forums.

Petals.

4. indygal

indygal

Exp:
    At home cook
    Love the packcat!