Air fryer

Joined Jan 8, 2010
I can't help but thinking "fried air" :)
Never used one, never owned one so no other thoughts

Joined Sep 17, 2018
I have not used the basket style but I have the one that looks like a big toaster oven. Which it basically is a hybrid toaster oven/convection oven/air fryer. For two or less people it is okay, anymore and I have to do batches. The items I have used the air fry setting on came out pretty good and quickly, just don't expect a huge amount of browning to go on.

Joined Nov 15, 2012
I've used the basket-types, decent for small 1-2 person amounts of frozen finger-foods, maybe a grilled cheese, very fast and efficient because of instant heat-up, but can't imagine doing much of anything else with them. If they actually look like a little oven/toaster oven I'd suppose they'd do single steaks and such.

Joined Sep 17, 2018
I've used the basket-types, decent for small 1-2 person amounts of frozen finger-foods, maybe a grilled cheese, very fast and efficient because of instant heat-up, but can't imagine doing much of anything else with them. If they actually look like a little oven/toaster oven I'd suppose they'd do single steaks and such.
Anything that I would bake in the oven or roast in a pan I can basically put into the air fryer. It is convenient sometimes to not have to heat up my whole open for a couple of chicken breasts.

Joined Oct 23, 2012
I don't own one but have a couple of friends who are Air Fryer Evangelists--make the Instant Pot folks look tame. From what I have seen, the toaster oven styles might be a nice thing to have if my toaster oven dies, but the round ones don't seem to be nearly as useful. The volume of stuff that can be cooked in them is way small compared to the overall size of the thing.

Joined Sep 26, 2017
They are pretty good at what they do (as a countertop convection oven). I find them a bit too bulky though (large housing with tiny cooking space).

Latest posts

Top Bottom