Aioi /Hamburgers

Discussion in 'Professional Chefs' started by depaul, Sep 16, 2012.

1. depaul

depaul

Exp:
    Owner/Operator
    I have 2 questions

I have seen people using term  aioli (bacon/chipotle etc)on their menus.I think real aioli must have garlic. Now people add little flavor to Mayo and called : aioli: for that. What is the real recipe for Aioli ?.Is it acceptable to use the term for flavored mayo?

my next question is making some flavored burgers. Instead of having different toppings to the plain burger patty, How about mixing , chopped onions, parsley, different seasonings to the ground beef and make the patty. . Will there be a problem for the shelf life . I heard a burger made with ground beef and bacon. do you think chopped raw bacon will work or should use pre cooked bacon for that.

last question , can I use the term aioli when describing the burgers on the menu.

2. chefedb

chefedb

Exp:
    Retired Chef
    Chopped blanched bacon, is best. To me if you keep adding all kinds of stuff to the burger, it is not a true burger anymore it is moare like a Salisbury steak.

3. kostendorf

kostendorf

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    i have noticed in  restaurants now you can name menu items anything you like as long as people come to buy it

4. sparkie

sparkie

Exp:
    Professional Chef