Aging Chef Looking For Advice

Joined Sep 19, 2017
Hi all, I am a chef of over 20 years experience. Currently a group executive of a gastropub group in Ireland and beginning to slow down in my old age. I have experience in most aspects of catering and an open mind to new challenges.
I am hoping to convert all my kitchens to a 4 day working week encompassing 4x 10-12 hour shifts.
It is easy in a couple of places but one place (the busiest i manage) is proving difficult.
It is open for service for 12 hours per day - breakfast, lunch and dinner.
All chefs currently get a breakfast shift to ensure 3 evenings off per week.
I have a good number of part timers also but am hoping somebody here has experience writing rotas for the above scenario to ensure fairness.
I still work shifts but will need to cover 5 days myself.
Regards

Joined Oct 31, 2012
I applaud your efforts to treat your employees well. That is too rare in this business.
I don't know what rotas are. Do you mean schedules?
Anyway, a bit more information about your business needs might help one of us answer your question about the "above scenario".

Joined Sep 26, 2017
How many cooks do you have in total? How many cooks do you need during a shift? Can every cook do every job in the kitchen? Are all the cooks paid by the hour? Do the days off need to be consecutive?

I went through possibly a similar scenario, but without the above information, I can offer no help.

Latest posts

Top Bottom