After show party

Discussion in 'Professional Catering' started by shamrock chef, Jan 12, 2006.

1. shamrock chef

shamrock chef

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    I'm looking for Ideas on a menu for a party after a show. The guest will arive at about 10:00PM. Do I go with sweets like mini tarts and things. or go with mini bite size foods????????
    Thank you ahead of time for any help

2. shroomgirl

shroomgirl

Exp:
    Professional Caterer
    desserts or both savory and desserts....

3. panini

panini

Exp:
    Owner/Operator
    Shamrock,
    Just wondering when the show starts and is there any type function before hand?,cocktails? I mean, was there time enough to eat before the show?

4. cape chef

cape chef

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    After you tell us what Panini asked that will help,But I would venture along the lines of what shroom said, sweet ans savory.maybe some digestive and a coffee bar.

5. suzanne

suzanne

Exp:
    Food Editor
    What is the show? Is it a play or an opera? You can theme your food around the subject matter or story (unless it's The Silence of the Lamb :eek: ) Or it it's a concert, think about the pieces on the program: are there any programmatic (story) themes to what's being played? What about the nationalities of the composers or soloists?

You have two very different sets of customers for the food: the audience, who will probably have eaten dinner beforehand and just need a light bite and a beverage, and the performers and crew, who will be ravenous!!!!! Whatever you provide has to be enough in quantity to feed the latter while being light enough to tempt the former group.

I used to cater play openings, and more recently openings of shows at a big-name music conservatory/dance/theater school. For a play about a Southern subject, I did baked ham, biscuits, brandied peaches -- Southern food that could appeal to anyone. Other times I just provided basic nibbles (mini-pizzas, crudites and dips, meaty finger foods) but expressed the theme of the show in the decor. Which will work better for you?

6. shamrock chef

shamrock chef

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    It will have a pvt dinner before the show about 20 people.
    The show is an opening of a play.
    Of the 300 guest 250 will be random public, the other 50 are upscale eatters.
    Thank you for you help.

7. shamrock chef

shamrock chef

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    I was just told ther will be a large number of vegetarians

8. suzanne

suzanne

Exp:
    Food Editor
    Oh, no -- don't be put off by that! It might actually make your choices easier (and cheaper), if you can eliminate all meat/fish products and go more with veggie options, cheeses, and sweets.

9. shroomgirl

shroomgirl

Exp:
    Professional Caterer
    mushrooms....