Advices/Help for keeping warm 200 dinner plates

Discussion in 'Professional Catering' started by napolic, Feb 11, 2011.

1. chefbillyb

chefbillyb

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    This is the reason you go out to the site and figure out whats needed to do this function efficiently. This is all part of the bid process, a 1000 person on premise catering in Vegas may cost $40 per person. The same function could cost $60 per person on a beach in Hawaii, just because of logistics. It's up to me as a caterer to accomplish the more difficult catering with a lot more staff, equipment and concern.....................ChefBillyB

2. shroomgirl

shroomgirl

Exp:
    Professional Caterer
    Napoli,

I totally agree with Pete......stop them then and there, telling them more staff will be needed, thus an order change.  If it were my gig  and for whatever reason I agreed to roll with the original price for different service, & I wanted the job next year....LET them know this year that the cost with the correct amount of servers would be xyz.   Years ago I'd eat the extra staff charges....bring in the guys I need to make it happen.

Plated service is just a pain when you're offsite. Buffet soooo much easier.

3. napolic

napolic

Exp:
    Professional Caterer
    Hello Shroomgirl,

Thank you for your reply and congratulations on your romantic and yummy Valentine' menu; it delights the senses, as well as the tastes!

You did emphasize a very important aspect: it is an yearly event and I want to keep the contract. So far I have 9 staff including me. I have to pull it off and not anyway but nicely and I think that I can do it. I have very good staff and I am determined.

Although you are right I am going to tell them that I brought more staff then I charged them for; they are going to see it anyway.

Claudia

4. shroomgirl

shroomgirl

Exp:
    Professional Caterer
    They may not notice....seriously, they may not being paying attention to how many staff are actually there.