ADVICE ON TAKING INTERNSHIPS

Joined Feb 11, 2018
Hi, i currently have opportunities on internships in dubai, qatar, malaysia, singapore, japan and south korea...

which would be the best place to go? in terms of hotels, culture, working conditions etc............. any and all opinions are appreciated

thanks

Last edited:
Joined Feb 18, 2007
I have no experience to offer; I would ask you which internship interests you the most? How do they differ? How is housing handled? VISAs or work permits? Paid or unpaid? Where will you learn the most, do you think? Is this connected to a school? What safety nets are there (if you don't like it or you get there and find out the situation is very different to what your expectations were)? Do they all last the same amount of time?

Joined Nov 27, 2012
I have no experience to offer; I would ask you which internship interests you the most? How do they differ? How is housing handled? VISAs or work permits? Paid or unpaid? Where will you learn the most, do you think? Is this connected to a school? What safety nets are there (if you don't like it or you get there and find out the situation is very different to what your expectations were)? Do they all last the same amount of time?
I completely agree, specially on the where will you learn the most? part.

Internships are for getting your feet wet and your work ethics abused. the only thing that matters is where you will learn the most, living conditions, wages and the rest take a second seat at best specially when starting out.
I am not saying that you should look to be abused but your priority should definitely not the anything besides the learning part.

and to properly answer your the question I would rate the places from the ones that I enjoyed the most to work in to the ones that I didn't so much.
  1. South Korea(kicks ass)
  2. Japan
  3. China, Beijing or Shanghai your experience may vary in other cities (where I am now for reference, good money-wise, work-life balance wise but its not the best place to do internships in.)
  4. Singapore
  5. Malaysia
  6. Quatar(never worked there but heard stuff from other people)
  7. Dubai(same as the above)

Joined Aug 22, 2021
Hi, i currently have opportunities on internships in dubai, qatar, malaysia, singapore, japan and south korea...

which would be the best place to go? in terms of hotels, culture, working conditions etc............. any and all opinions are appreciated

thanks
What I've heard....
Dubai, worker mistreatment is bad, preferential tax regime which is good
Qatar, At the heart of the abuse faced by migrant workers is Qatar’s ‘Kafala’ system of sponsorship-based employment which legally binds foreign workers to their employers.
Malaysia, massive racism so I've heard
Singapore, great place, and it would be my 1st choice
Japan, massive racism unless you are of Japanese stock
South Korea, good place to go too, an American type attitude to many things

If someone disagrees with what I've said above, you're welcome to say you've heard different and that is all you are welcome to do.

Joined Feb 11, 2018
wow.. thanks for the responses..

i am from Kenya and my worries about these internships abroad are racism and worker abuse. i have heard about the abuse in the middle east and racism in Asian countries.

i was thinking Singapore SK or japan. but it sounds good then when u actually go there its not

Latest posts

Top Bottom