Advice on staging

Discussion in 'Professional Chefs' started by chris kaiser, Sep 16, 2013.

1. chris kaiser

chris kaiser

Exp:
    Line Cook
    Graduated chef school a couple years ago and have been working in the industry now for a couple years. Looking to stage in Germany for a couple months but haven't had much luck connecting with any top tier restaurants.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

2. cheflayne

cheflayne

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Can't imagine you would have much luck without being there in person, but I could be wrong.

How have you been attempting to contact restaurants?  Hand written letters would probably be your best bet. Shows a little more effort than other long distance methods which can sometimes seem to be too much of a shotgun approach.

Sad to say, but in this day and age, computers can be a double edged sword. Being a chef is already a time consuming profession, without even more complicating matters by getting caught up in the myriad of electronic inquiries that come across computer screens daily.

I wish you luck and hope that I am wrong. Guess you won't know unless you try. /img/vbsmilies/smilies/chef.gif

3. chris kaiser

chris kaiser

Exp:
    Line Cook
    Thanks for your thoughts. So far I have been sending emails ect but thought about writing letters. Your right it's much more personable.