Advice needed for cook/kitchenware

Discussion in 'Food & Cooking' started by tangy, Jun 14, 2011.

1. tangy

tangy

Exp:
    Other
    I was watching Rachel Ray's show and I like some of her cookware, but is it really that good? I've seen Rocco on her show and he's having a giveaway for some cookware from JB Prince. I love his recipes and I'm debating whether or not to enter, I can use some free cookware, but only want if it's good stuff. Anyone ever heard of JB Prince?? The contest is on his facebook page called "Win it! Cook it!"

2. iceman

iceman

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Are you kidding? I just don't get the thought of winning some stuff FOR FREE, and then complaining about it or not liking it? Is that what you question is based on? I'm curious here. 

3. kyheirloomer

kyheirloomer

Exp:
    Food Writer
    I'm with you, IceMan. Unless we're missing something---like there's a fee for entering the contest or something---what's it matter? If you win, and the quality isn't to your liking, just chuck the stuff.

4. tangy

tangy

Exp:
    Other
    haha, well I already entered. did anyone else? I just wanted to see if anyone heard of the brand.. but ur right. Free stuff is free stuff.

5. petemccracken

petemccracken

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Yup, I've always maintained that suppliers/merchants know what the value of the items they are promoting is.

Free stuff, IMHO, is very similar to free advice, it might be worth what you paid for it. /img/vbsmilies/smilies/crazy.gif

6. kyheirloomer

kyheirloomer

Exp:
    Food Writer
    Free stuff, IMHO, is very similar to free advice, it might be worth what you paid for it. [​IMG]

You may be right, Pete. But consider this: you, me, and a whole bunch of other folks spend a lot of time here at Cheftalk dispensing free advice.

Are you saying......./img/vbsmilies/smilies/confused.gif

7. petemccracken

petemccracken

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Well, and the worth of it is, hopefully, at least equal to the cost /img/vbsmilies/smilies/talker.gif, then again/img/vbsmilies/smilies/laser.gifmaybe not???

8. tangy

tangy

Exp:
    Other
    haha...well I think the advice given out here is worth a lot.  So, hopefully the giveaways on Win It Cook It are worth it.  =) I could def use new kitchen utensils.