ACF culinary arts ( certificate vs diploma )

Discussion in 'Choosing A Culinary School' started by Aryaman Sharma, Apr 16, 2018 at 12:23 PM.

1. Aryaman Sharma

Aryaman Sharma

Exp:
    culinary student
    hey everyone,

I wanted to ask does an ACF culinary arts program (6 months) is any worth.
    I heard from many people for better opportunities you should go for a diploma or bachelors, I got stuck here so i wanted to advise from a professional chef or anyone who had to begin his or her education from certificate program like this. should i really spend 5K-10k on it .i am really confused about it .

thanks

2. sgmchef

sgmchef

Exp:
    Retired Chef
    Hello Aryaman,

A certificate is an indicator. It serves to acknowledge that you have passed a test or course in a given profession.

My opinion is that beyond having a piece of paper, it wasn't worth it.

I feel cooking is primarily about passion. If you are driven to cook, you will succeed. It is not the school, the teachers, or a piece of paper that will keep any job. It is the passion and caring of the chef that will allow you to advance and your employer won't want you to move on.

I just started a thread here on Cheftalk. "Would you rather hire a cook with experience or a certificate" keep an eye out for the answers!

Until then have a look at this thread.

What do you think about the ACF

Good luck!

Aryaman Sharma likes this.
  3. Aryaman Sharma

Aryaman Sharma

Exp:
    culinary student

actually, there is more to it if you can guide through it. it would be really great, I really need some guidance from such experience chef like you. Can message me your email.

thanks

4. phatch

phatch Moderator Staff Member

Exp:
    I Just Like Food
    Keep conversations here for your own safety people. You don't really know who's on the other end particularly after so few posts.

Consider for example where is aryaman and why would acf matter there? Hint: oceans apart.

5. Aryaman Sharma

Aryaman Sharma

Exp:
    culinary student
    I really feel your reply is really biased and discriminating. I am looking to pursue my chef program in Russia and it happens to be the institute program is by ACF http://www.en.swissam.ru/culinary_arts/ . I thought this website is for reaching professional chef and experince people who can guide you. I know you have power to ban people and you all the details i have submited to to this website , that doesnt mean you can say anything . i know you are moderator and your work is to look out if there is anything wrong but you maybe you can also be wrong sometimes. I am first one from my family who is going to study culianry and they think its not of much a use . YES I AM FROM INDIA AND ACF REALLY MATTERS TO BE BECAUSE I AM GING TO SPENT $14000 ON IT. SO THATS WHY I NEED A PROFESSONAL OPINION.I know its for public safety to not to share personal details , probably thats why i asked to message me personally , if its ok with him .

6. phatch

phatch Moderator Staff Member

Exp:
    I Just Like Food
    To me it looks like you're in London. I have no way of knowing your ethnicity. I would have said the same for any message directing personalcontact off site. Except in the kitchen rental topics.