ACF Certification

Joined Jan 5, 2001
I'm taking my CCC test in two weeks, and would appreciate more info on the test. Is it all multiple choice, or is there essay and written answer questions? If I've been in the biz professionally for 15 years do I need to worry about it at all, or should I know this stuff? And finally is it worth it to have ACF certification. I firmly believe in it. It confirms my abilities, experience and education in the Culinary world and adds credibility to my establishment. What do you think?

Joined Mar 9, 2000
CampChef, I got my CCC certification 2 years ago. All multiple choice, pretty easy if you know your classical cuisine, food costing, and sanitation. It has helped to an extent. It looks great on a resume' and has added weight to some consulting I've done. I think it is worth it in that to keep the CCC you need to continue your education so it helps in the learning process. :p

Joined Jan 5, 2001
Thanks a bunch. I've found most multiple choice culinary tests are pretty easy to figure out if you know the basics, so that's what I was hoping for. I've just started a new job with a huge retirement/health care facility, and found out today that with a CCC, I can also be in charge of all catering. A big boost in pay with not a lot of added headaches.

Top Bottom