Acetaia San Giacomo at The City Olive in Chicago

Discussion in 'Food & Cooking' started by gonefishin, Jun 19, 2010.

1. gonefishin

gonefishin

Exp:
    At home cook
        For anyone interested Acetaia San Giacomo will be represented, by owner Andrea Bezzecchi, Wednesday, June 30, 2010 at The City Olive.  This is a second annual event and reservations cost $20.00.  Light hors d'oeurves will be served by Cere's Table and Lamrusco wine from the region.

There are a limited amount of openings available and there will be a limited number of times I'll be able to try a balsamic of this quality.  I won't miss this.

But then again.../img/vbsmilies/smilies/bounce.gif

...that's just me /img/vbsmilies/smilies/wink.gif

dan

Last edited: Jun 19, 2010
  2. kirstens

kirstens

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    I live pretty close to the city olive, a little further south but just the #36 bus ride away. Have been menaing to go but have never been. This event sounds fun. Do they do a lot of these types of things? And 20 bucks doesn't sound to bad for what they offer.

3. gonefishin

gonefishin

Exp:
    At home cook
       Hi Kirsten,

They do have events from time to time.  In fact, most of the events are of no charge.  I first found The City Olive a short time ago (a bit short of two years or so), I found them while pursuing fresh harvested olive oil from different countries and different regions within those countries.  Before I found them I did find a couple of olive oil producers that would sell small quantities to the public.  The City Olive did have a couple of those same fresh harvested olive oils that I bought directly from the producer.  I'll tell you that they charged a little more per bottle than what I had paid getting it straight from the source.  But their service is something I'll happily pay for.  Every time I go in a not only learn something new, but I get to taste a large variety of (real) quality olive oils.   Even though The City Olive may charge a little bit more than the producer, it easily evens out because I don't have to pay for shipping (that's a big one...especially when your paying shipping from overseas)

Even if you go to the event now, don't forget to visit them when this years harvest comes in!

take care,

dan

4. kirstens

kirstens

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    Thanks for the advice Dan. Will definitely make it there soon.