ABC Wine Dinner

Discussion in 'Food & Cooking' started by shroomgirl, Sep 17, 2003.

1. shroomgirl

shroomgirl

Exp:
    Professional Caterer
    I was sitting at the bar of Riddles persuing their menu trying to decide what to eat,when I asked where Andy the owner was.....he is in the kitchen working the wine dinner...um are you full? May I crash? First course and sure go right ahead....So I took my glass of Jed Steele and had a Great meal and met the maker Jim Clendenen.....this is what KD Ayers and her dad Andy prepared...the dessert was Wonderful and weird.
    Au Bon Climat Dinner
    we started with Pinot blanc /Pinto Gris 2000 served with a Black mission and Calimyrna fig stuffed with fresh goat cheese and wrapped in proscuitto
    Pastured Duck salad iwth long grain and wild rice and Pear

2nd course
    Chardonnay 2001 Wild Alaskan King Salmon Gravlax with fresh dill/sourcream and pumpernickel

3rd course Chardonnay, Talley Rincon, 2001 Coconut milk and macadamia nut crusted Alaskan Halibut, lime buerre blanc
    sweet potatoes with mint dijon emulsion

Pinot Noir, Santa Maria Valley 2001 ABC Pinot Noir braised short ribs with provencal sauce
    creamy swiss chard

Au Bon Climat Orange Muscat Poached peach with mascarpone, Spainish Serrano [email protected]!!!! muscat custard and raspberries
    Loved the ham with dessert....it gave the peach a salty foil....

After dinner Jim came and introduced himself and talked to be about Roy Yamagouchi in Hawaii raising organic food for school kids...he is going to e mail me about the project.

2. pete

pete Moderator Staff Member

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Sounds like a fun time and great meal! I am envious!!!!

3. fodigger

fodigger

That winery is just down the road from me. How did you like the wines? Any of the wines using Talley/Rincon grapes are pretty good. Your friends should try to get Denise Shirtliff from Cambria winery to come out. she makes some great wines especially Chardonnays. Although, they are owned by Kendal Jackson they really have a free reign. They are in the middle of crush right now so they are pretty busy but it would be worth the effort if you could get her.

4. shroomgirl

shroomgirl

Exp:
    Professional Caterer
    Cool....the wines were good, I liked the pinot alot. the muscat was good. What kinda spoiled it was I was already drinking Jed Steeles Zin when I was at the bar....pretty much my all round favorite on Andys menu and he has the best wine menu in St. Louis. Generally i am a 2 glass girl when you start going into 5-6 glasses I get loopy...and the wine is not properly savored.
    I will pass the info along to Andy, he is always up for a wine dinner. Thanks