A Student's Survey

Discussion in 'Pastries & Baking' started by hannah, Sep 26, 2005.

1. hannah

hannah

Hello Bakers! I am a graphic design student at the University of Wisconsin- Milwaukee. I am doing a package design project on bread mix. I would greatly appreciate it if you could take a few minutes to fill out my survey. I am researching my "target audience" from my product. Thank you very much! You can send a response to [email protected] or post here on the message board.
    1) Are you male or female?
    2) What is your age?
    3) What is the highest level of formal education you have completed?
    4) If applies, what was your degree?
    5) What is your occupation?
    6) What colors do you associate with baking?
    7) How often do you bake?
    8) Do you bake from boxed mixes?
    9) If applies, what is the main component that makes you buy that particular mix?

2. panini

panini

Exp:
    Owner/Operator
    Hannah,
    Are there bread mixes out there that are not associated with a machine?

3. mezzaluna

mezzaluna

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    I'm guessing this is more about mixes for scones, brownies, etc. and for home cooks. Maybe Hannah will clarify for us. :)

4. kuan

kuan Moderator Staff Member

Exp:
    Retired Chef
    Are you kidding? Even if they did nobody here will admit to baking from a mix! ;)

5. hannah

hannah

Thank you for all who responded. I'm new at this target audience research process...Maybe I should have explained better what my project is. I'm actually making a line of "historical" bread mixes. This would most likely NOT be an actual product. But, hey, it's a school project! In brief, the ingredients in the mix will correspond to a certain period in history. For example, the 17th century will be VERY nutritious, course bread. As time passes, the bread will get whiter and more refined. Hopefully this will help clarify my idea and you can answer my survey accordingly. I appreciate your feedback!
    Thanks again,
    Hannah