A Shy Hello....

Discussion in 'New User Introductions' started by lumpia, Sep 23, 2002.

1. lumpia

lumpia

Hi all, I signed up two days ago but didn't have time to introduce myself. Please forgive the delay! I am a wanna-be to the culinary world and I don't know how to start. I look forward to chatting with you all!

2. mezzaluna

mezzaluna

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    Welcome, Lumpia! We hope you'll soon feel comfortable and won't feel so shy. We're a friendly bunch who share a love of food.

Here in the Welcome Forum is the place to tell us more about yourself and help us meet you. The other forums are filled with lots of lively discussions on many topics. Please enjoy browsing through them- even check our archives for earlier conversations. Post your comments and questions as you like.

If you have any questions about how to navigate and post, other members and I will be happy to help you get acclimated.

From your name and signature, I'm guessing you favor Asian food. What do you like to eat, prepare, or explore on the culinary scene?

3. suzanne

suzanne

Exp:
    Food Editor
    Hi, Lumpia!

Filipina?? (Just guessing.) What a wonderful combination of Asian and Spanish! YUM.

I'm in NYC, where we have a surprising number of visiting birds. Is that what you meant? Or do you own some that you love? Whichever, we'd love to talk about that too, not just food. Although FOOD is topic NUMBER 1. Don't keep on being shy, we're very welcoming. :)

4. lumpia

lumpia

Thanks for the warm welcome! I have dreams of opening my own restaurant one day and I am working towards being able to go to culinary school for that. Yup, Suzanne, you're correct; I'm Filipino. As of right now, I am a beginner in the culinary world (I've seen it, watched it, read about it, and dreamed about it, but I haven't actually worked in it yet), so I don't have very much of my own to share. I think I am going to browse around for a little bit before contributing anything of my own. You guys seem like a wonderful group! How long has Chef Talk been around? I can't believe I came in so late.:eek:

5. culinarian247

culinarian247

Lumpia, hellp and welcome!!!!

You shouldn't be shy around here. The people are absolutely wonderful. They've helped me out on more than one occasion. And with their advice I have made very good decisions for myself. Again, welcome. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

6. lumpia

lumpia

Thanks again. Please go see my question about huckleberries in the Recipe Forum. :D

7. cape chef

cape chef

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Hi Lumpia,

Great to have you with us!

8. firepatrolchef

firepatrolchef

Lumpia~
    Im shy too (yeah in RELA life I am Mr Reserved til I get warmed up to someone...or better...*by* someone).
    In terms of requirements for the wonderful whacked out world of culinary games...all you need is the ability to like food...and have a clear concise idea of why....
    the ability to type doesnt hurt either but it isnt necessary.

Relax, grab a slab of bread pudding...and enjoy.

9. lumpia

lumpia

Thanks, but I feel so small compared to all the chefs and culinary students of the wonderful culinary world; that's why I feel shy. I feel that I know nothing of the real Culinary Arts when compared to the chefs. But be patient; I'm actually working on being able to go to culinary school next year and then I hope to participate more and more fully in this Forum. Right now, I am just an outsider looking in. I feel that any question or comment I would ask or make would be too dumb for all the great culinary models I find here on Chef Talk.:eek:

10. isa

isa

Welcome to Chef Talk Lumpia! Nice to meet you.