A recipe only a toddler could love

Joined Feb 6, 2002
I took my kids to the hospital for a checkup and a little boy opened his snack bag. He had a Grilled Cheese and Peanut Butter sandwich. The doctor saw him and told the boy's mother that "at least he is eating it in the right place".

Joined Mar 24, 2002
Too funny! I don't know why toddlers do that (my daughter did the same thing) but they do like it.

BTW: Cadbury's is indeed divine!

Dave

Joined Feb 6, 2002
You know marmalady, as much as I love nori, I dont love it that much. Ugh! He's gotta have a cast-iron stomache.

Joined May 26, 2001
If you eat sushi, you've probably had it -- it's used in rolls and some of those special cone-shaped hand-rolls (it's the cone part). Nori is thin pressed sheets of dried seaweed. It's dark green, shiny, crunchy, doesn't have much odor, tastes a little fishy, a little vegetal, a lot like the sea.

Joined Aug 29, 2000
I recently served some seaweed to my seventh graders (finished a book on marine biology). One of the kids ate whole sheets of nori right out of the package. I couldn't watch!

Joined Mar 24, 2002
Ahhh..

I have indeed had Nori but never knew its name. I can see how it would go with Cottage Cheese as the Cottage Cheese has a neutral taste (like peanut butter).

Speaking of peanut butter, there are a few places that serve cheeseburgers with mayonnaise and peanut butter called the "Goober Burger". I tried one once and although it didn't taste bad, it just wasn't my style.

Dave

Joined Apr 19, 2001
Hi, DL - I can see I'm going to have to introduce you to my hub! Then the two of you can go off in a corner and eat your cottage cheese and nori!!!!

Top Bottom