A Prayer for Non Chef

Discussion in 'The Late Night Cafe (off-topic)' started by cape chef, Dec 13, 2001.

1. cape chef

cape chef

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    When I returned home from work yesturday my mother phoned me that my father "non Chef"was in the hospital,

he is suffering strong stomach pains and they are running tests.

I just thought that when he returns home (and I no he will)he could read some thoughtful words from the community. He loves this site
    thank you
    Brad

2. momoreg

momoreg

Exp:
    Professional Pastry Chef
    I hope they find out what it is soon, and that it's something easy to remedy. In the meantime, I will say a prayer for non-chef, and hope the pain is better today.:)
    Get well soon, non chef!!!!!!:)

3. chrose

chrose

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Our thoughts are with you Non Chef, have you been eating some of your sons "inventions"? But in all seriousness hurry up and get better Christmas cheer is right around the corner, and good old Egg Nog is usually a good cure for what ails ya!
    Happy and healthy holidays to you.

Chrose

4. nancya

nancya

Thoughts and prayers are certainly with non chef!

Oh, the trials he must have gone through raising Cape Chef! Let him feel better now...he deserves to!

Nancy

5. nicko

nicko Founder of Cheftalk.com Staff Member

Exp:
    Former Chef
    Your in our prayers Non-chef. Colleen and I will lift up our thoughts and prayers for you. May you be well soon my friend.

Nicko

6. snakelady1

snakelady1

Dear non chef,
    I pray that all turns out well for you. May you enjoy the holidays in good health is my wish for you.
    Sandy

7. athenaeus

athenaeus

Exp:
    At home cook
    I read that as soon as Cape Chef posted it,so after leaving my office I passed by a small chapel down town that is dedicated to the Saints of our Church that they were doctors and they help people to cure.

I lit up a canddle for you, dear Non Chef. I know that you are not Christian but it doesn't matter.

:)

8. anneke

anneke

Exp:
    Culinary Instructor
    ..I know how special dads can be...

Try not to worry too much, CC; I'm sure he has very good doctors since Atheneaus prayed for it.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

A.

9. coolj

coolj

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Hope you're feeling better real soon NonChef. My prayers go out to you.

10. risa

risa

Dear NonChef,

I hope you get better soon. I will also add you to my prayers.

11. flash

flash

Get well SOON, NonChef.

(CC, you're not letting him eat hospital food, are you?)

We await your good news NonChef, and full recovery.

Seasons Blessings,

flash

12. kimmie

kimmie

Recover quickly, Non-Chef. Hanukah/Christmas/New Years is no time to be ill!

13. jim berman

jim berman

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Godspeed on your recovery... we need your gastronomic insight at the next reunion!

14. isa

isa

Dear Non Chef,

I hate to think of you in a hospital bed. Did you at least bring your own night shirt? No one looks good in hospital clothes. Unless you’re wearing the surgeon uniform but let’s not go there.

I feel somewhat obligated to share with you some on my observations on hospitals.

First always askfor ID before you let anyone touch you. You don’t want anyone to use you as a guinea pig.

Second, always make sure the doctors and/or nurse aren’t giving you someone else medication or treatment.

Third, never but never let them feed you an all white meal. Trust me it is not an experience you want to have.

Fourth, should you require surgery, make sure you indicate clearly on your body, what part of you and what side needs surgery. You really want to make sure the surgeon is going for the right thing.

Finally, get out of there as fast as you can!

15. pastachef

pastachef

Dear Non Chef, I am adding you to my prayer list and sending you wishes that you have a speedy recovery. God bless you, and your wonderful family!

16. shroomgirl

shroomgirl

Exp:
    Professional Caterer
    My prayers are with you....what a week for you CC....what an amazing community this is....what a blessing

17. mezzaluna

mezzaluna

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    Cape Chef, what distressing news. Having enjoyed both your father's and mother's company, it's all the more so. I'll add a Mi Shebarach to the prayers. Please tell him I wish him 120 years!

18. cape chef

cape chef

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    My dear friends,
    I am overwhelmed with all your well wishes for my father.

Although he is still in the Hospital it seems that he will be able to go home some time with in the next few days.

I have mentioned to my dad all the heart felt wishes you all have sent.

I have to say I love you people to take the time to pray and send wishes.

I thank you very much
    Brad

19. lynne

lynne

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Non-Chef,

I wish the best and a speedy recovery -- being ill around the holidays is very difficult.

Brad, I wish your father, you and your family strength, peace and faith during this time.

Warmly,

lynne

20. cj

cj

My prayers & best wishes for you, Non-chef!

Flash & Isa, you don't suppose hospital food is made that way deliberately - to get people out faster?