A new passion ignites - Jake

Discussion in 'New User Introductions' started by jvkolich, May 2, 2017.

1. jvkolich

jvkolich

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Hi all.

As my career within the professional cooking and hospitality industry begins to progress, I suppose it's time to begin sharing my experience, knowledge, love, pain and sacrifice with a community of like minded peers..

I am 22 years, post-womb and I managed to trap myself within this painful industry.. which i now hold closer to my heart than anything.

Within the last seven years, I have worked in 11 Restaurants, 2 bakery's and 3 fast food chains.

I was the weak, anxious 15 year old teenager. I was also a very passionate one at that!

A lot of my life I have "winged it" through situations I probably shouldn't have. I learned all my lessons the hard way, being an ego driven, stubborn idiot. But looking back I wouldn't have it any other way.

The hot controlled chaos of the kitchen brought me into man-hood.. and taught me structure.

It taught me a lot of my life skills now when I think about it.

- Leadership

- Comradery

- Strength

- Honesty (I lied about tainting the stock, and god I remember the smell of chefs screaming breath as my face was sprayed with abuse)

- Communication

- Punctuality

- Responsibility

- Commitment

- Love

- Hate

- Pain

I now sit in a sea-side rural town, in sunny Queensland, Australia, with the dream of travel and knowledge.

And I now I am on the verge of beginning my first steps towards all of this.

If you, as a community will let me.. I would like to bring you along on my journey, and keep you all informed of my progress.

I'd also like to keep you all up to date across the different boards, of new dishes, stories, reviews and opinions when I find time to drag my hands across this keyboard.

Great things are coming!

- Jake

morning glory likes this.
  2. morning glory

morning glory

Exp:
    Home Cook
    Gosh - are you only 22? You seem to have a lot of experience.../img/vbsmilies/smilies/thumb.gif  

Last edited: May 5, 2017
  3. jvkolich

jvkolich

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    You read that right! /img/vbsmilies/smilies/cool.gif
    Beyond my years, as people keep telling me!

I suppose I gave away my teenage years of partying and dulling my brain, to focus on learning and the end game of a solid career!

morning glory likes this.