a little story

Joined Dec 12, 2000
Tonight (sept. 5) I worked a rare afternoon shift (3-10), so anyway I go to work, I'm trying to make sure that my line is stocked for dinner, and the shift supervisor asked me what the dinner special was, and I had just come off days off so I had no idea and I guess he had the same days off as I did so he did'nt know what to run for a special, so I decided on Hawaiian ham steaks. I was thinking of just grilling the ham and topping it with teriyaki sauce and a pineapple ring, but my supervisor suggested mixing the juice from the pineapple with some teriyaki sauce, pouring it over the ham and baking it, well it turned out excellent. the sauce really made the dish. The really cool thing though, was that I realized that I'm starting to think more and more like a chef, rather than just going through the functions of being a cook. because for some reason in my head I was tossing around the idea that if I had any left over ham and sauce, I could dice the ham and add a bit more ham to make a larger batch, dice some green peppers and onions and chop up some pineapple and then take all of the chopped ingredients, put them in the sauce, let them marinate over night, and then run a hawaiian style omelette for a breakfast special. Just something I wanted to share. please let me know what you think of the omelette idea.

isa

Joined Apr 4, 2000
Have you ever notice on some days ingredients have a way of getting together and the result is just this amazing blend of flavours?

It happened to you today, isn’t it a nice feeling? :)

Joined Dec 12, 2000
Thanks Afra, I know what you mean as well about people wasting food, I'm probably not going to get the chance to run the omelette at work for a whle now, but I will ltry it at home a let you know how it turned out. Iza I guess wow is about the only word a person can use to describe it.

Top Bottom