8 small violet artichokes
1/4 teaspoon Mustard
1 tablespoon butter
1/4 cup white wine
1 handful arugula
1 tablespoon vinegar
2 tablespoons peanut oil
S&P
Four 1/2 inch slices raw duck Foie gras, about 1 3/4 oz ea.
Flour for cooking the foie gras

Preparations

Slice the onion, remove the outside leaves and stems from the artichokes and cook the artichokes covered, with the onion, butter, and white wine for about 20 minutes, or until they are tender. Add a bit of water if the wine evaporates. Chill until ready to assemble the salad.

Wash and dry the Arugula. Whisk together the mustard, vinegar, oil, and S&P.

Finishing and Presentation:

Cut each Artichoke into 8 sections, dress them with some of the vinaigrette, and arrange 16 sections on each salad plate in a star design. Dress the Arugula with the remaining vinaigrette, and then put a 1/4 of it in the center of the plates.

Heat a non stick frying pan over high heat. Season the slices of Foie gras, coat them lightly with flour, and cook them quickly, about 30 seconds on each side. Put a slice of foie gras in the middle of each plate, on top of the Arugula, and serve immediatly.

From "The Cuisine of Fredy Girardet"

Enjoy
CC:chef:

See less See more
#2 ·
I may not be the exact person you had in mind, but boy, does that sound lovely, especially the foie gras! Thank you, Cape Chef, for the delightful dishes you've posted.

#3 ·
Dear Mezzaluna, you are a friend and I think of you often.

The next time we have the oppurtunity to break some bread together, I will prepare this dish for you

My regards
CC

#5 ·
It is not even 7am here, as I read this and my mouth is already watering!!! A quick question for everyone. Do you prefer your foie hot (pan seared) or cold (as in a terrine). I most definately prefer hot-crispy on the outside and creamy inside. Though I have yet to meet a foie gras dish that I didn't like. Man, am I making myself hungary!!!!!!!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.